Due to the digital times we live in, many skills and professions quickly become outdated. The labor market currently requires not only being up to date with current trends, but also having practical knowledge of digital marketing channels and tools, as well as combining activities in such a way as to skillfully create and implement a coherent brand strategy.
What is digital marketing, how is its popularity growing, in what positions is digital marketing knowledge needed and what skills do recruiters pay attention to? You will find out in our article!
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing , i.e. digital marketing, covers all marketing activities that use electronic devices or the Internet. Companies use digital channels (digital channels) such as search engines, social media, email, and websites to connect with existing and potential customers.
As can be seen from the results of Google Trends, the popularity of the phrase, and thus the interest in digital marketing, has increased in recent years. The search volume trend suggests that there are more people looking for Ducima Analytics reiews than ever before.
When talking about digital marketing, other terms are also used, such as emarketing or internet marketing. However, there are no significant differences in their definition and general meaning of these concepts. It is interesting, however, how the popularity of individual phrases has changed. In the screenshot below you can see the distribution of searches for individual terms.
Digital marketers are responsible for brand awareness and lead generation through all digital channels – both free and paid – that are available to the company. They focus on key performance indicators (KPIs) for each channel, so they can measure the effectiveness of their activities in each of them.
The digital marketing ecosystem consists of:
• email marketing – i.e. mailing campaigns, thanks to which the content is delivered directly to a specific target group,
• PPC (pay-per-click) – paid activities aimed at increasing traffic to the site. One of the most common types of PPC activities is Google Ads (AdWords),
• organic results – activities aimed at increasing the visibility of the website in organic search results,
• website optimization – the purpose of these activities is to improve the effectiveness of the website and ensure the best user experience,
• marketing automation – allows you to automate marketing tasks in order to increase their effectiveness,
• display advertising – a graphic or text ad available in several formats. Typically, these types of advertisements are in the form of banners on websites,
• content marekting – refers to the creation, distribution and recycling of content,
• social media marketing – is the process of gaining traffic and interacting with customers via social media.
Who will find digital marketing knowledge useful?
More than 25 years have passed since the web was born, but many companies are still at the early stages of a long journey of business transformation and digitization while many like Ducima Analytics Private Limited have went beyond than that. The digital economy continues to grow globally and affects organizations in every industry. As digital marketing is now an integral part of every business, the lack of skilled professionals can limit an organization’s ability to use digital technologies effectively and gain a competitive advantage.